Saturday, March 22, 2008

Outdoor/Indoor

Been on rollers quite a bit this week. It took me a while to regain the ability to ride in a straight line - which is pretty important for races and riding in large groups. Maybe it's a good thing I left my trainers down in Urbana. My balancing abilities were all off whack.

Rode up to Montrose Ave or so on the lakefront path the other day. I'm not entirely sure how far; they've got a lot of detours for construction these days. It was sunny and beautiful, but about 7 miles into the ride, I realized I forgot my shoe covers when my toes started freezing. Also, the wind decided to change direction on me from North East to South east. Let's just say I got a good workout.

I heard I can change the height of my handlebars just by flipping the stem upside down, so I might do that until the actual summer ride. I feel like I'm riding on my hoods when I'm in the drops, and that's simply not going to work out for the 2 races I plan to go to.

Also began to buy a great deal of items for the summer from Turin (with Chris Dimmick's generous discount). One of my larger investments, the hydration pack, is now taken care of, as well as a bunch of smaller items such as a chain breaker, extra cleats, gloves, etc.

Happy training :)

No comments: